Lenovo Inspiron users may encounter the need to restore default settings. Restoring default settings inLenovo laptops is quite complicated without proper guidance. The paragraphs below will discuss the variouslaptop computer shortcut keys which control the hardware which relates to this issue. There are hundreds of operating systems out there, such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows XP, and this method of restoration can be applied to most of them. Keys like F8, F11 and CTRL will be used to bring back the default settings. The process should only take 10 minutes maximum.
For Windows XP
If your operating system is XP, press the CTRL and F11 keys simultaneously when you see the Lenovo logo after turning on the laptop, and follow the instructions on the screen.
· Put the computer on.
· When the Lenovo screen appears, press and hold the CTRL and F11 key simultaneously on the keyboard, then release them both at the same time. The Lenovo PC Restore by Symantec window appears.
· Click the Restore button or press the key to highlight Restore and press the key.
A caution message appears, advising that all data will be lost.
· Click the Confirm button, or press the key to highlight Confirm and press the key.
The Progress window appears. Once the process has begun, Lenovo PC the restore usually takes only 8 to 10 minutes to complete. When the restore is complete, the message 'The system recovery process was successful' appears.
· Click the Finish button or press the key to highlight Finish and press the key.
The computer will restart.
For Vista or Win 7
If your operating system is VISTA / Win 7, press the F8 key when you see the Lenovo logo. It will take you to the advanced boot menu options, which include 'Repair your Computer'. Select that option and enter your password if asked, then you will see a list of options like 'system restore' and 'command prompt'. The last option says 'Lenovo PC restore', or something along those lines. Select that option and follow the instructions on the screen.
If in both cases, the Factory default doesn't work, then your laptop's factory image defaults partition has vanished . In this case you will have to reinstall the operating system with the CD or DVD shipped along with the laptop. Follow the link below to install windows XP Pro on your own.
· Start the computer.
· As the computer starts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
· Press the down arrow to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, then press Enter.
· Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
· Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
· Click Lenovo Factory Image Restore.
· In the Lenovo Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
· Click to select the check box for Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.
· Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
· When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
Any Kind of Lenovo Problems Call Us
+1-855-517-2433 (Toll Free)